I said this a million times already but Ohayocon was a blast, mostly because of all the people that got to go. I met so many new people and saw many familiar faces as well. It was hard to keep up with everyone at times, I even almost lost my voice at the end of Friday because of all the talking I did.
Anyway here is a couple good shots EurobeatKing took
I Finished my Ordon sheath! I love it to pieces, pics of that soon to come-
construction notes: The shield is made of blue insulation foam, high density foam for the border- hand sanded to the correct curved shape. Two part epoxy clay was used to hand mold the raised details featured on the front of the shield. I cut a large wood dowl rod to mount the leather strap with screws, and PVC pipe was for the handle (all set in place by carving out the foam and using two part epoxy to keep it set in). The bolts of the shield I had made a mold for and casted them out of polyurethane plastic. The helmet base is paper-clay, two part epoxy for the raised details, and the side pieces were molded and casted out of polyurethane plastic. For the scales I decided to go with craft foam as opposed to the actual metal scale-mail so that I could get the size of the scales accurate to the game. Each craft foam scale was coated with one coat of white school glue, minwax silver polish, polyurethane, and fabric glue. Some scales were reinforced with fabric backing in areas that would receive a lot of stress.
In the end I never really kept track of the final amount, but I estimate this costume cost (at minimum) $400. Each part took a good amount of time-I would say that the helmet was probably the most difficult out of the entire costume. It was interesting trying to get the helmet to fit comfortably and get it to stay on my head without any problems (lots and lots of hidden velcro!). The hat is filled with poly-fill to give it a more full overall look.
The sheath base was constructed from wondererflex for the base- molded over the sword for a perfect fit. Vinyl was then applied over the wonderflex with contact cement. The finished metal details on the sheath was constructed of craft foam coated with glue to seal it off for paint.
other shots of the costume: